While a visit to the hospital is rarely enjoyable, there are times when it is necessary. And, there are things that you can bring with you to make you feel more at home. After reading my hospital packing list, what did I forget? What is the one thing that you simply cannot live without when admitted to the hospital? Share Your Thoughts
Cellphone & Toiletries
- My cellphone. It has an ICE app on it that contains the bulk of my major medical issues, my specialists and of course my PCP's contact info. Plus he most up to date list of my meds and allergies. Not to mention your own toiletries are necessary if staying more than a night or two.
- —Guest Jennifer Stwfanixk
- If you wear false teeth do not forget them. Also denture adhesive and cleansers. Also, you might want ta bring your own pillow or quilt from home. This could help you feel little better and more comfortable.
- —Guest snowbird
- #1=EAR PLUGS. Trust me you will need them. Get in the car now and get some!
- —Guest John
My Back Scratcher
- My legs always start itching in the middle of the night when everyone is unavailable. I have hip implants, so scratching can be a problem.
- —Guest Hilda
- I would like to wear a little make-up during surgery, nothing heavy. When I see patients on TV having a baby etc. they have makeup on. Will I be in BIG TROUBLE if I put some on?
- —Guest Irene
- I've never been in the hospital, but I would take my computer. I'm such an Internet addict; when I had my gallbladder removed (outpatient), I would have taken it into the OR if they had let me!
- —Guest Mabel
- Without healthy snacks from home to augment hospital meals, I couldn't survive - literally. Also warm socks. Hospitals often are COLD!
- I'm always so cold...and it helps to feel more at home.
- —Guest Morgan
- I was amazed to learn that the hospital had a denture cup, brush and cleaner but no adhesive! I cannot stand movement of my dentures at all and could not wait for my aunt and uncle to bring it special delivery.
Essesntials for a Hospital Stay
- 1. My purse with wallet, ID, med info, lip balm, keys, emergency contacts, glasses.
2. A good paperback novel.
3. Clean panties!
- I can't live without my Bible, helps pass the time and gives comfort.
- —Guest sue
Hospital Packing List
- I've found the following indispensable: ear plugs, Reader's Digest magazines, local TV guide, medications. They take care of sleep, entertainment and the expense of the hospital giving me the same meds I already take!.
- —Guest Bobbi
- I always take a pen and notepad to write down what Doctors say to nurses.
Cell Phone Charger
- Laying in a hospital is bad enough but worse when you are not able to call the ones who care.
- I would have to say my sockies as they make me feel so comfy and at home. I have impaired vision and without my glasses I am a wreck. A stuffed animal is always nice to make you feel more at home.
- —Guest La Juana