Like all the Guides at About.com, I'm a real person. I would like to hear any suggestions, ideas, or questions you might have. You can email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- I have just been diagnosed with COPD. What should I do now?
- Confirm your diagnosis with a second opinion from a lung specialist, or pulmonologist.
- Once a second opinion confirms your diagnosis, learn everything you can about COPD by talking to your doctor, visiting this site, sharing with others in the COPD forum and reading relevant literature.
- If you smoke, quit immediately. There are support groups listed under the Quitting Smoking section.
- Join a support group for COPD so that you can share and learn from others who also have COPD.