1. Health

Considering Stem Cell Treatment for COPD? Read This First

By July 10, 2010

A couple of months ago, I was watching an episode of 60 Minutes entitled 21st Century Snakeoil and watched in horror as the program captured con-men preying on dying victims by offering them the hope and promise of stem cell treatment, all the while robbing them out of their life savings.  This episode really hit home with me as I know many of you have considered this type of alternative treatment for your own disease.

If you've done any research on the subject, you too, have undoubtedly received some confusing messages that range from extraordinary to outrageous .  But, are the claims of cure that stem cell therapy promise really legitimate, or as 60 Minutes implies, highly organized scams designed to deceive the desperate in an effort to drain their bank accounts?

In light of the recent cloud that is hovering over stem cell therapy, a new website has been developed in an effort to provide patients with information. The International Society for Stem Cell  Research (ISSCR) offers tools to assist patients as they consider a clinic or treatment for stem cell therapy. ISSCR is an independent, non-profit organization that claims to help you evaluate stem cell treatment centers to determine if the treatment they offer is safe and effective.

From questions to ask to the top 10 things you should know about stem cell treatment, this website claims to have it all. They even have a patient handbook and will allow you to submit a clinic that is questionable for review. For more information, visit the ISSCR Website.

Not everyone, however, believes that ISSCR is out for the good of all patients seeking stem cell treatment. In fact, many believe that they have their own agenda, and are in bed with Big Pharma. Understanding both sides is important for patients who want to make an informed decision of whether or not stem cell treatment is for them.

If you want to take a peek at the darker side of ISSCR, read the comments following this post. And, don't forget to leave one of your own. Also, for a personal, stem cell therapy success story, don't miss my Interview with Stem Cell Treatment Pioneer, Barbara Hanson.

Comments
July 10, 2010 at 7:37 pm
(1) Barbara Hanson says:

Please share the other side of the story with your readers. The ISSCR is a Big Pharma backed organization with an agenda that includes a global FDA. Patients should be aware that the ICMS has published up to date safe off shore guidelines as well. The ICMS is also non profit and is made up of doctors, patients and other professionals. Dr. Irving Weissman is at the forefront of the ISSCR’s campaign. He has special interests of his own which include ties to stem cell companies, research work that has made him a multi millionaire and of course he wants to protect all of that at the expense of patient’s freedom of choice. If stem cell treatment is snake oil, then Dr. Weissman and his cohorts have a lot of explaining to do as to why they are so heavily involved in it. Patients who have had successful therapy need to start speaking out to combat the misleading information that the ISSCR and some media are putting out. You can do your own investigation to see the conflicts of interest, Big Pharma ties, etc. that the ISSCR is enveloped in. Most of the information is available on the internet.

July 10, 2010 at 8:29 pm
(2) Michel Beaudet says:

Funny how all the stem cell clinics that, for outrageously large amounts of money, promise to cure or treat incurable diseases are all situated in countries where there’s no government based medical watchdog agency. See

July 11, 2010 at 2:16 am
(3) Barbara Hanson says:

Michael – I do not disagree that there are some disreputable clinics out there. My advice would be to run as fast as you can from any clinic that promised a cure. I have to disagree with you however in that many clinics are conducting clinical trials under the guidance of regulatory agencies in their own countries. Many television programs are geared towards the sensational. Bad news stories reel in big audiences. In case anyone should forget, stem cell therapy has been successfully used in the U.S. for over 50 years. Hardly, snake oil, but not a story the media feels would supply them with the audience they need for their ratings.

July 11, 2010 at 6:54 am
(4) Don Margolis says:

Thank goodness for people like Barbara. Deborah’s article is typical of those people paid by Big Medicine to protect its obscene profits–full of lies and misinformation.
First–CBS did NOT show con-men. It searched the world, found dozens of honest stem cell providers and ONE con man. Since CBS has to bow to Big Medicine or lose billions in advertising drugs, it did. I know because I spoke with those who foolishly spoke to them and were never quoted.
Second—No honest stem cell provider, Deborah, EVER promised a cure for anything–only you and 60Minutes say they do.
Third—60Minutes is the fraud, not stem cells, or perhaps you are not allowed to tell your readers that they were exposed as choosing money over people in the 1996 movie “The Insider.” Russel Crowe, Denzel Washington and Al Pacino made it clear who and what 60Minutes really is.
Fourth—ISSCR was created by Big Medicine for one reason: To keep the greatest medicine ever laid at the feet of humankind from leaving the lab and getting into the clinic where it would destroy the $300million DAILY profits of a system which is not allowed to cure any chronic disease. Perhaps you haven’t noticed that not one chronic disease has been conquered since Salk and Sabin kayoed polio sixty years ago. After all, cures are very unprofitable!

July 11, 2010 at 9:42 am
(5) ShorterOfBreath says:

The ISSCR and the ICMS are *both* looking to set themselves up as the world’s foremost authorities — and judges — of stem cell treatments, and both are acting out of pure self-interest. They are merely self-promoters making a show of looking out for the public. For the life of me, I can’t understand why any doctor or clinic would wish to “submit” to either one of them. I am days away from my first “birthday” following my stem cell treatment with a pair of doctors well-known to several of the participants here. I call it a birthday (rather than an anniversary) because I feel they have given me a new life. Or at least a new opportunity to actually live life. No, I haven’t been cured completely, but I now live a very active life without dragging around oxygen tanks. Should these doctors “submit” to scrutiny by EITHER of these self-serving organizations? To what purpose? To get a “seal of approval” from those who seek publicity for their own endeavors? What a laugh.

July 11, 2010 at 1:15 pm
(6) Interested Physician says:

ISSCR has a big pharma sponsored “vision” to close all stem cell clinics which are potential competion to pharma sponsored stem cell products currently in the development pipeline. The birthday you speak of could never have happened if ISSCR’s “vision” was allowed to come to fruition. ICMS wants to apply tough standards to stem cell clinics to protect patients, but belives that these stem cell therapies (as long as they are done responsibly) are the practice of medicine between a doctor and patient. In that regard, ICMS is no different than any other professional group that applies best practices standards. In summary, with ISSCR you would still be lugging around oxygen bottles, with ICMS, your bottles would still be gone.

July 11, 2010 at 2:31 pm
(7) ShorterOfBreath says:

ICMS (originally ASCTA) was created first and foremost to do battle with the FDA of behalf of Dr. Centeno (you, perhaps?) and “The Regenexx™ Procedure.” As such, it has underlying motives and agenda of its own, and cannot honestly present itself as being an impartial arbiter when it comes to “the competition.” At best, it is somewhat pretentious to set itself up in judgment on the methods and practices of others. I would argue that it cannot help but be self-serving as well (i.e., consent to our judgment or else be found wanting). What would we think if Pfizer were to “establish best practices” for Big Pharma?

July 11, 2010 at 3:15 pm
(8) Barbara Hanson says:

Jim – We could drag this out all day, but in the end, the patients need the right to choose for themselves what they want. I feel that ICMS is not out to close clinics down. The open registry is not mandatory. The ISSCR is culling its own members even in an attempt to knock off the competition. They want patients to let them “investigate”. Their agenda is pretty obvious to anyone that takes the time to investigate them as they are investigating others.
ICMS has a guide that a patient can read. They do not intrude on a patient’s decision any more than that. Take it or leave it, but it is there if you are interested. Safety is the number one goal for ISMS.
I would hope that patients such as you would become more vocal and let others know that stem cell therapy really helped you. If patients don’t do this, we could find ourselves without options, here or offshore. I know you feel better, but others still have not had the same good fortune as you and should be given the choice. That’s all I am asking. The ISSCR wants to take that away and will do so if we remain apathetic and silent.

July 11, 2010 at 3:34 pm
(9) Deborah says:

To all of you: I am neither for, nor against stem cell therapy for COPD. I am neutral. If it can help one person, then, I think it is awesome. My point is that, as with anything, there are people who are going to take advantage of others who are vulnerable, and this makes me sick. I have to present both sides of the story. The website I offer is just one place where patients can turn to for advice. You guys know a lot about this stuff, because you are heavily involved. But, where does a person go if they have no information, or confusing messages? This site is an option. Simple, yet everyone wants to read into what I am saying here. I repeat, I am neither for, nor against stem cell treatment. If it is legit, great. But there are a lot of scammers out there in every market, not just stem cells, and their victims are who need to be protected.

July 11, 2010 at 3:47 pm
(10) copd says:

Barb,

I think you know by now that I HAVE told both sides of the story. I have sent dozens of people to your site, as well as allowed you to post links in my Forum to your site, whereby others are forbidden to do so. I have even interviewed you, and am just trying to stey neutral, as I was in my interview with you. I appreciate your comments and respect your views. As always, both sides of the story are important for readers to hear.

July 11, 2010 at 3:55 pm
(11) copd says:

Don,
You’re right, no HONEST stem cell company has ever promised a cure. But, I am not talking about that in this blog post. I am talking about dishonest scammers that people need to be aware of. Also, I am NOT paid by big medicine or big pharma or whatever, to do anything, so don’t know why you would make such a comment. I am just a nurse. I am not into politics and this and that. Just into helping others, which is what I always try to do. I respect your opinion and welcome your comments. There is always another side to every story, and I am glad you are speaking your mind.

July 11, 2010 at 4:18 pm
(12) Lisa Jo says:

I think there is a misunderstanding regarding About.com guides. About.com Health is a medically reviewed part of the About.com site, which is itself a part of the New York Times Company.

We, as guides, are neither coerced nor paid to write about any particular treatment, clinic, doctor or research finding. Rather, it is our job to bring you news and commentary on the blog, and to provide you with researched, medically reviewed content on the site.

Deborah’s blog post offers readers a way to find reputable information about an alternative therapy. That’s our job.

Lisa Rudy (about.com guide to autism)

July 11, 2010 at 4:21 pm
(13) Interested Physician says:

Jim,

ICMS now has a 1,000 members, so no matter who first kicked the can down the street for whatever reasons, the organization is now for one thing only, making sure that everyone like you can still have access to stem cell therapy on your terms, bot big pharma’s. The doctor you got your therapy from is under no obligation to join anything. However, if ISSCR has it’s way, that doctor will soon be out of business, so don’t plan on returning for a second treatment.

July 11, 2010 at 4:39 pm
(14) Interested Physician says:

Deb, Lisa Jo, and COPD,

I think what Barb is saying is that there was a failure to delve deeper in this particular “About.com” report. The issue is not that ISSCR proports to get rid of “scammers” an admirable goal for sure, but that it wants to close all stem cell treatment centers who don’t have pharma style drug regulatory approval in place. So the issue becomes, can one professional society go on a “witch hunt” to close clinics offering investigational care not approved by US FDA? There are countless clinics offering care not approved by US FDA for everything from less invasive prostate surgery using ultrasound to kill tumors to stem cells. If all ISSCR was doing was trying to enforce reasonable professional guidelines and protect patients by providing information, that would be fine. However, it is spending huge PR dollars to seed stories into the media and to place pressure on forgein governments to shut down all stem cell therapy clinics (the ones likely offering reputable care like Jim’s and the ones offering sheep blood in place of stem cells). Barb’s point is that about.com failed to investigae this further. Where does ISSCR get it’s money? Why is a professional society suddenly paying huge dollars to PR firms to push a radical agenda (i.e. kill all investigational care)? Why is the same society holding a McCarthy like “litmus test” among it’s own members, purging it’s ranks of members involved with stem cell clinics? For Barb and her crew, this isn’t just another blog post, it’s life or death, as most of them won’t be around long enough to see these therapies get FDA approval. If ISSCR is sucessful in convincing journalists and bloggers that all stem cell therapy clinics are run by scam artists out for a buck, then they get to spend their extra money on nice funeral plots, not investigational care.

July 11, 2010 at 7:40 pm
(15) Deborah says:

IP:

It is a blog post meant only to introduce this website. Blogs are SUPPOSED to generate a conversation, and give people the opportunity to share their varied opinions. I did not say I support the website, nor did I say I did not support it. It is just passing information that SOME people, maybe not all people, but some people, MAY want to know about. It is good that it generated these comments as people will learn more about both sides and then have an opportunity to decide for themselves who to trust and who not to trust.

July 11, 2010 at 7:41 pm
(16) Deborah says:

Hummmnnnn, I smell another blog post coming to talk about these issues……

July 12, 2010 at 1:00 am
(17) Barbara Hanson says:

Deborah – I like your attitude. Sounds like a good idea.
Thanks.

July 12, 2010 at 8:10 am
(18) Interested Physician says:

Great! The more conversation on this issue the better!

July 12, 2010 at 1:43 pm
(19) Barbara Hanson says:

Here’s a good write up in my opinion. There are some good points in here worthy of discussion.

July 29, 2010 at 11:36 am
(20) charles minnis says:

One thing for sure discussion about the subject can
lead to two resolves. The truth will eventually rise to
the surface, and secondly the right to know and make
one’s own decision will prevail.

March 31, 2011 at 3:11 am
(21) Mark Moore says:

I am a son of a copd sufferer .I am desperate for any clinical trial that my 76 year old mother could participate in.We are modest people but I blelive we are on the cusp of one of the greatest medical breakthroughs in history.If any one out there is willing to help us please email.

Sincerely;

Mark Moore

March 31, 2011 at 11:07 am
(22) copd says:

Mark,

I have an entire research section here:

You will find some articles here that will help you find clinical trials for COPD.

June 21, 2011 at 10:39 am
(23) Greg says:

I think stem cell treatments do offer hope and are well advanced. I am very skeptical of off shore treatments. If Americas big research universities cannot make breakthroughs then why would I expect an individual physician in an off shore clinic to offer better treatment?

Having said that there are stem cell treatments used on animals in America that are very successful. I would argue that horses and some other animals where stem cell treatments are routinely used are getting better treatment, more cost effective treatments, less invasive treatment, and have better outcomes than there human counterparts in the U.S.

I have also been to Barbara’s websites and see that she is affiliated somewhat with at least one off shore treatment facility. I also notice she sells supplements I assume for profit. All of which make me a bit skeptical about her funding sources and or profit motives.

My main concern with the off shore sites is all the evidence is in the form of anecdotal testimonies from patients. There is no hard research done by these sites. Most if not all the information supplied is for self promotion. Since they control there own websites one would certainly not expect to read anecdotal testimonies of their failures.

Another major concern is that a horse can get state of the art stem cell treatment in the U.S. for around 7k but these off shore facilities are charging many times that. Stem cell therapies in themselves are not real complicated nor expensive so it is a very high profit game to be into.

July 21, 2011 at 3:00 pm
(24) Johnny says:

I find it interesting that this Barbara suggests others have an agenda and yet here she is, posting time after time in an attempt to make her view the predominant one in these comments. My suggestion if she doesnt want to appear as if she is trying to manipulate opinion on this issue, as she does to me, would have been to post once with her own viewpoint and references, and then to simply shut up. As it is she seems to be purposely steering the conversation and consequently I dont feel I can trust her opinion any more than I can those whom she claims are biased.

November 5, 2011 at 4:40 pm
(25) Barbara Hanson says:

Johnny – By all means do your own homework. Too many people simply do not take the time to do that.
Unfortunately, for patients there is little information available as to the safety and efficacy of treatments. The International Cell Medicine Society (ICMS) now has an accreditation program that is very strict. I support this non profit group in its efforts to provide some oversight to this ever growing industry. As an update, some in the ISSCR have made public comments that the ICMS accreditation program should be embraced. Patients are being put at risk and paying a lot of money for unsafe and unproven treatments.
I am an advocate of treatments/studies done under Investigational Review Boards, ethics boards or the accreditation program. There are too many unscrupulous people in the stem cell industry and I caution about this constantly on my own forum. These clinics are offshore as well as in the U.S. Some in the ISSCR have commented publicly that the ICMS program is good.
This thread is older, but it was brought to my attention that I should update my thoughts. I still believe that stem cell therapy holds great promise some day as well as gene therapy and new medications. I also felt I needed to answer to those that do not know me. I do not work for any clinics. My husband and I tried funding a study, but got ripped off in that endeavor. I simply moderate 2 forums that take a great deal of time. It’s all volunteer work for one other lady and me. We do have a webstore that sells supplements that helps to support the forum. We have never even taken a paycheck, so sorry to disappoint anyone on that front.
Again, watch for the sequel to the original snake oil story. It should be shown this year, but I am not 100% certain when.

January 31, 2012 at 6:35 pm
(26) Christine says:

I am the daughter of a COPD sufferer such as Mark Moore and my very ill 70 year old father will be on his way to a clinic in Sarasota, FL tomorrow to undergo treatment… Although slightly worried, at this point I am willing for him to try anything to improve his breathing and would personally give all that I have to buy him some extra time and even moreso, give him the energy he needs to, at the very least, have the capacity to walk 10 feet without running out of breath.. Blessings to all who suffer from COPD. I believe that we are looking at the possibility of offering them a better lifestyle through stem cell treatment.

February 20, 2012 at 5:26 am
(27) Rebecca says:

So is there hope or not for COPD? I have been diagnosed with COPD and on Advair and a rescue inhaler. I am 53 and would like to know if there is something that can help me breath better before I get to the stage of wearing oxygen.

February 28, 2012 at 3:30 pm
(28) Maryann Roan says:

Help reading all of the comments has left me confused does any one know if the Clinic in Florida is Legit or if the one in Tijuana Mexico as my husband is 44 years old and has has COPDany input would be greatly appreciated.

March 14, 2012 at 10:16 pm
(29) Sharon Swart says:

Is there any way we can hear from Christine again to see how her father has done with the treatment. My husband need open heart surgery and while the surgery is pretty routine, his advanced copd makes it very likely that he may end up not being able to go off the respirator. It seems that there was no conclusion from the comments here.

May 1, 2012 at 12:07 pm
(30) Carrie says:

I am 67 and have been diagnosed COPD for over 10 years …. currently I take Advair and Spirda…..oxygen 18 – 24 hours a day 2 litres or 2.5-3. when moving about in daily activities such as shopping….walking. I am currently working with a clinic in Santa Monica and want to do stem cell treatment. CHRISTINE….. how is your father doing…I pray extremely well. Will tell me a little about the clinic in Sarasota and what your impressions are after your father’s treatment and almost 4 months later?
Thank you and God bless you both MARK MOORE….I hope that your mother is today in vibrant health. I too am of modest means and would be grateful to hear about avenues that may have become open to you. God Bless you and your Mom.

May 17, 2012 at 4:06 pm
(31) Cathleen says:

I am 50 years old and started having SOB starting 6 months ago. Meds have not improved my breathing. My SOB has gotten steadily worse.
I used to hike 5 times a week, now I can barely walk through my home without feeling short of breath. I read a posting about lung stem cell. Where can I get more information ?

Overwhelmed&Frightened

May 30, 2012 at 1:43 pm
(32) john geyer says:

i am on oxygen 24/7 and have a nilranone pump i carry 24/7 since it feeds thru a picc line into my heart. i am also oxygen 4nl per hr. i can not do any thing that i used do and can not afford to hire anything that needs to be done since i live on ss only and that is not enough to pay their fees. i would like to try stem cell treatment but could not afford to pay the price for the treatments. any help anyone could give would be a blessing.

June 30, 2012 at 5:42 pm
(33) Pete says:

VERY VERY sad all of this isnt it guys ? I am only 44 and I am ok ish now but I know I am on the slope downwards . I have watched forums like these for the past 3-4 years allways hoping .. clinging to the idea that a new drug or therapy will turn up … and I know everyone here feels the same .. I applaud Barbara actually EVEN if she was doing for some kind of personal gain (which I dont think she is) she would be doing what really we all should be doing with this miserable f”c king disease and making it ‘on the radar’ of public opinion. I think the only way the big pharma co’s are going to start getting their skates on is an overall awareness of the disease thereby having an effect on public opinion.

September 14, 2012 at 5:53 am
(34) John says:

I never wish to ‘cut off my nose to spite my face’ and I performed an extensive search and could find no complaints filed against Progenacell as you suggest…where are the 2 you mentioned and what was the complaint?

After reading Mike’s comments about fetal stem cell therapy, I tend to think Progenacell is worthy of discussion, don’t you? I did visit the website and spent about an hour just reading the content and I found it very informative. I am curious why you say you were not impressed Barbara??? Compared to most of the other websites I have visited the past 2 days, this one was stellar. I also agree with Mike’s comments; my body is old and so are my own stem cells. Using my own tired cells seems crazy when there are fetal cells available. I think Progenacell can do both but xeno is the preferred method that has an overall higher efficacy rating. I don’t mind that they come from an animal; heck, I eat meat on occasion and I have a 60 year old close friend that has a pig valve implanted in his heart now! Just seems to me that xeno (sheep) fetal progenitor stem cells mentioned on the COPD page makes more sense to me. Younger cells would seem to have more regenerative capability and after reading more about the subject, the science of this cell therapy seems to be far more advanced in Europe than here and they have a clinic in Germany. I am an engineer so when I dealve in to something, I want to know the science.

September 14, 2012 at 5:54 am
(35) John says:

BTW Barbara, you don’t mention who it was that you went to first for stem cell therapy and had a bad experience. Would you mind sharing that with us? What did they do/not do? I do agree that no doctor in his right mind could see, much less treat 246 patients per day! That seems physically impossible. Doug probably meant to say per week and if the Dr. Friedrichson he spoke of is like most docs I met in Europe, he works at least 6 days per week. They have nationalized health care so I am guessing most of those patients do not have chronic illnesses needing cell therapy.

Back in 2002 I was living in Germany working in Frankfurt on a contract near the airport and I got a bout of strep throat and required hospitalization. I quickly became VERY aware of how much more advanced the health care is in Europe! Honestly, Americans live in a bubble more or less and the system of health care in this country is pathetic IMHO. I have traveled extensively and to be quite honest, I say the USA ranks near the bottom on my list. I am however, encouraged by what I have seen thus far on the web and kick myself for not having taken the initiative sooner. My wife is very skeptical almost to the point of paranoia constantly warning me about seeking therapies outside of America. I on the other hand am far more open minded about alternative therapies. She does not have COPD either so it is easier for her to have that kind of attitude!

I appreciate any comments or feedback from any COPD patients that have experiences with cell therapy, both good and bad. Thank you!

September 25, 2012 at 4:16 pm
(36) Jen says:

My mother has COPD and I am new to the search for a much improved quality of life through any means at this point – alternative or otherwise. I do believe that stem cell is the answer. Anyone with any information on this would be greatly appreciated. (would love to hear from someone who had undergone treatment as well)

October 5, 2012 at 3:37 pm
(37) copd says:

Please only reply using the same comment once to the blog. Otherwise you are considered a spammer.

October 7, 2012 at 2:18 pm
(38) Louis says:

Turns out that your adipose (fat) tissue has 100 to 1000 times the concentration of mesenchymal stem cells (MSC’s) than other tissues in the body (all tissues have their own stem cells). They can easily be extracted from the patient and then injected into the venous blood.
Research has shown that 95% of the stem cells injected into the blood end up being filtered out in the lungs. Sounds like a good place for them if you are trying to heal the effects of COPD. It’s not Rocket Science. It’s very simple and shouldn’t be expensive. In Veterinary Medicine, if you don’t count the costs of the in-house processing equipment (around $7K), the stem cells can be processed from the fat for as little as $495 per patient (costs to the veterinarian).

November 19, 2012 at 10:16 pm
(39) Eliz. Chrissian says:

I have copd. Its been six.years. I hate what is happening to me. I used to dive and swim. I believe this is the reason I have survived so long.
I dont know why people are so excited.about stem.cell therapy. If it really worked consistantly then the journalists would.be shouting it from the roof tops for everyone to hear. That there should be research is clear that there is no cure is also clear. I rue the days I smoked. Had I.truly understood the end result of.that dirty disgisting habit I would never have taken it up. Bottom line?……..cigarettes have destroyed my health…………stem cells may one day be the answer….and it may not…….

May 2, 2013 at 1:51 pm
(40) donna says:

help….I have copd….I would like to try stem cell therapy….I live on diasability and have no funds for this ……is there any where to volunteer for experimental treatment……I believe in this type of treatment and iam sure that it is not being offered because the big drug companies have control….like you said a cure is not profitable

May 24, 2013 at 4:49 pm
(41) copd says:

You would need to do your own research on this. You can also go to http://www.stemcellpioneers.com and ask around their forum.

May 6, 2013 at 6:49 pm
(42) Dennis Vider says:

I also have copd . I would also like to try stem cell therapy . I also live on disability and have no funds for this .I would like to volunteer for experimental treatment. I believe in this type of treatment ..thank you

May 23, 2013 at 6:22 pm
(43) dan says:

what is cost of stem cell treatment for copd in boston mass.

May 24, 2013 at 4:45 pm
(44) copd says:

I have no idea. You would have to research it. Go to http://www.stemcellpioneers.com for more information about stem cell treatment from people who have had it.

June 15, 2013 at 12:57 am
(45) betty gardella says:

i am 84 yeas and have been living with copd for about 10 years . it has progressed to a point of being almost disabling . i would like to know if anyone has HAD SUCCESS WITH STEM CELL , IF SO WHERE, there are so many many sites , i am getting confused , if you can help me by posting where you had it done, i would be so appreciative . thank you in advance ,
BETTY GARDELLA

October 22, 2013 at 10:40 pm
(46) kaiser says:

I m interested in a company also ProGenaCell. I live in Australia and they suggest treatment for stem cells will be around $20K. I have done reviews and research on this company with little or no patient reviews. Has anyone heard about them and would you recommend them?

October 24, 2013 at 12:27 pm
(47) copd says:

I’m sorry, I have not heard of them, but that doesn’t mean they aren’t reputable. I would pose your query at http://www.stemcellpioneers.com to see if any of the members there have heard of this company. Thanks for your post.

January 9, 2014 at 4:59 pm
(48) trez says:

hi Barbara handsom – I would like to take my father for stem cell therapy for COPD – we are in Ireland – where is a reputable clinic that is travel worthy for a COPD patient please.

January 11, 2014 at 11:56 am
(49) copd says:

Barbara did not write this blog post, nor does she visit the site. You can try to reach her at http://www.stemcellpioneers.com.

March 30, 2014 at 9:57 pm
(50) Colin says:

Kaiser,
Macquarie Stem Cells treatments: I did an enquiry and received a lot of info from thyem, they are in Sydney:

Part of what they sent me:\
Our treatment can be used to improve your quality of life if you are a responding patient.

Patients tend to need multiple treatments and this comes at a cost of $11,000 for the initial treatment and $2,000 each time we re-administer stem cells back into you.