1. Health

Deborah Leader, RN

How to Keep Your COPD From Getting Worse

By March 27, 2010

When it comes to COPD, self-care plays an important role in managing the disease and determining your ultimate fate. After a COPD diagnosis, the worst possible thing you can do for yourself is to sit back on your laurels in defeat. Now is the time to take action -- to make sure that your condition does not get any worse.

To ensure your success, be sure to read the following:

6 Tips to Keep Your COPD From Getting Worse.

Comments
March 28, 2010 at 12:19 am
(1) Kooky says:

These are all good ways to keep your COPD from getting worse, but I think the best one is following your COPD treatment plan. It seems like more and more people are not doing this because of the economy, not realizing it will be harder on them if their symptoms get worse that if they follow their treatment plan.

April 3, 2010 at 6:33 pm
(2) TreeSkate says:

While the categories are simple, copd frequently is not the only health issue a person has when 50+ More specific articles are needed to help people that have other issues: Gerd, DM, osteoporosis, arthritis, lupus, spine limitations. Another topic needed is when the initial diagnosis is mild/moderate. Most is for the moderate/severe person.

April 3, 2010 at 8:53 pm
(3) Deborah says:

While I do understand there are issues related to COPD, this site is specifically for COPD and not other topics. About.com has other sites that focus on topics that are not COPD. I do have many articles about complications of COPD, that you can find within that category, as well as some other articles about issues related to COPD, like obesity and osteoporosis. The site is less than 2 years old. I have written a tremendous amount of content within that time, however, there is much more to come. I suggest you look around and stay tuned for more to come and I welcome your suggestions on how to better the site, as well as what you think is good about it.

April 5, 2010 at 4:23 pm
(4) TreeSkate says:

Sorry Deborah, I didn’t mean to offend you and I did not know this copd site was only 2 years old – I didn’t have need for it in the past and you have done a tremendous job….and I have used other topics on About.com over the years and they are very informative. Thank you for all your efforts.

April 5, 2010 at 10:14 pm
(5) Deborah Leader says:

Hi Tree,

No, you did not offend me, so don’t worry. Actually, COPD’s birthday is May 23 so it is not yet 2. I welcome your opinion as it tells me what holes that I can work on to fill in the gaps. For example, I just did an article that is not yet published on stages of COPD per your suggestion, so, when you tell me things like that, I try to listen….it actually helps to know from someone who is not me. COPD is my baby, and it takes the suggestions of readers like yourself to help make it grow up to be a better site.

April 5, 2010 at 10:17 pm
(6) Deborah Leader says:

Also, Tree, I know you mentioned the categories were simple, but have you looked at the top of any of the pages? Here you will find what we call “User Paths”. They are much more detailed than the categories. For example, Diagnosis/Symptoms, Treatment and Living With COPD. Take a look and tell me what you think, if you haven’t already.

August 16, 2010 at 1:40 pm
(7) warren says:

Hi, i enjoy reading your blogs, although i feel that you are giving out a little bit of false hope to people suffering from copd, its a progressive illness and as such it will always get worse. yes it can possibly be slowed down if you stop smoking , exercise and diet etc, but it will always get worse.

August 12, 2012 at 11:16 am
(8) Deb's says:

Hi all
After many tests and being proded and poked, i have now been told i have stage 2 COPD.46 this Birthday and already feeling old breathless just vacuming the lounge.Also i have Angina not bad but bad enough to have to use a spray

I have to give the fags up i no that but wow its hard but i am at a none smoking clinic next thursday……………….What does my future hold ?? scared OMG so scared its untrue the not knowing the thought of a young death.If any one can give me advise or any help i would be gratefull

Also sorry about spelling and grammer i got hounded of one site because of it and i only wanted to no about COPD and the afeects it ill have on my life

Thanks again Deb’s